Monday, February 11, 2013

Liebster Award!!

We first started our blog because we were to cheep to pay to have a website designed and I didn't have the computer skills to do my own. But we needed a way to advertise the horses we offer for sale and to give people an idea of our horse training program. We never dreamed it would get the kind of attention it has!
So when fellow bloggers Erin at Diaries From the Dirt Road and Jen at Lively Grace nominated our blog for the Liebster Award, we were pretty excited to see how far our little blog has come! Thanks Erin and Jen!!
Now in the blogging world the Liebster Award is given out to more newer-ish blogs with 200 followers or less to help spread the word and support fellow bloggers.  Here are the rules:

1. We must post 11 random things about ourselves.
2. We must answer the questions the nominator set for me.
3. We must create 11 questions for the people we nominate.
4. We must choose 5-10 blogs that we love ( with less than 200 followers) and link them to my post and let them know they were nominated.
5. No tag backs.
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Here we go, 11 random things about us:
 
1. We have never owned a car, only trucks, till last year. We bought Emily's moms Buick. It may be a grandma car, sorry mom, but we love it and the gas mileage!
2. The last rodeo that Emily got on a bucking horse at she beat Trevor and got a check!
3. Trevor was the 2005 World Champion Old West Bronc Riding Champion at the Silver State Stampede. And in 2006 he made the short go.
4. We have names or titles for every single horse, dog and cat.
5. We think everyone should have a Corgi. They have the best personalities!
6. Paintstick is our favorite horse. We fight over who gets to ride him!
7. We are addicted to Netflix.
8. We LOVE to snow ski!
9. When Trevor isn't riding he loves to trap!
10. Our favorite place to eat is Pizza Hut! Every time we move we have to find where the nearest one is.
11. We have a goat named Button.
 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Here are the questions we were asked: (Emily answered these)
 
 
1. Where is the coolest place you have been?  Canyonlands, Utah. I loved the cliff dwellings :)

2. What is a hobby that you enjoy?  PHOTOGRAPHY!!

3. If I had a million dollars what would I do with it? After I went out and bought more horses and gear, I would lock the rest away for a rainy day :)

4. If money were no object what would your dream job be? Exactly what I'm doing!!

5. Favorite book? Stoecklein's coffee table books. I love pictures!!

6. Favorite movie? The Mountan Men!!!

7. Name a person dead/alive that you would want to meet? My Grandpa Strawn! So many questions I have that will forever go unanswered :(

8. Who is your biggest role model? I know this is cheesy but it's Trevor ;)

9. What is your favorite sports or sports team? Rodeo and 3 day eventing!!

10. Do you have any special talents? I'm 30 years old and I can still swing up onto a 19 hand horse bareback!! ( I'm kind of proud of that one ;) )

11. What is your favorite quote? "Life is too short to not be a little bit selfish." -Unknown 

 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
 
These are the blogs we have nominated for the Liebster Award! I'm still working on the rest of my list ;) But give these favorites a look!!
 
 
Adrian at Buckaroogirl
Adrian is one of my (Emily's) biggest heroes!! Not only does she have awesome fashion sense but an unforgettable voice. If you ever get a chance to go and watch her sing, DO IT!!
 
 
I can't say enough about Liz! She is amazing and inspires me everyday!!
 
Katie has just started up her blog but I have seen her pictures on FB and love them! So keep an eye out for her ;)
 
While chasing the rodeo trail we have got to spend a lot of time with Mindy! All of it memorable, some of it we wish we could forget and she has documented all of it on her blog! You'll love it!!
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
 
Questions for Nominees:
 
1.  Favorite Horse, Dog or Cat
 
2.  What was your first car/truck?
 
3.  Are you a neat freak or pack rat?
 
4.  What color are the tops on your favorite pair of boots?
 
5.  Favorite Disney Cartoon
 
6.  What was your high school mascot?
 
7.  Favorite dinner meal
 
8.  What is the brand of your favorite pair of jeans?
 
9.  Sunrise or Sunset
 
10. What picture is on the background of your computer right now?


 


 


2 comments:

  1. As I was reading your random fact #5 My little corgi Duke was scracthing on my leg trying to ge me to go feed him! He is such a character and I agree everyone who wants a dog needs a Corgi! Also several people I know trap and it is something that I think is so interesting and I would love to learn the art and be able to trap myself someday! I hope you guys have a wonderful day.

    Erin :)

    ReplyDelete